The 27th Anniversary
1993 – 2020
The 2020 West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar will take place on
May 14, and 15, 2020
Welcome to the official website of West Coast Casualty’s Construction Defect Seminar for 2020
Coronavirus Update and Our Seminar:
A SPECIAL NOTE FROM DAVID STERN, SEMINAR CHAIR FOR WEST COAST CASAULTY’S CONSTRUCTION DEFECT SEMINAR REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS:
After careful consideration of all the facts and circumstances surrounding our nation and listening to the advises of our doctors, political leaders and those on the front line of the Coronavirus, I have decided to cancel the 2020 West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar.
I did this because I have always felt that the lives and safety of all of our attendees at any of our events was always more important than money. It is, and always has been, our first priority.
In this arena, West Coast Casualty has always been a leader in this community and with that leadership comes responsibility. As a leader in this community . . . we have always done the right thing . . . . and will continue to do so as explained below.
Over the past several weeks, in contemplation of cancelling the seminar I have thought about many things as possible alternatives, such as moving the seminar to late July, have the seminar virtually, doing a min-seminar in December, tapping the sessions and then making them available amongst other options. Unfortunately, I do not think many of these options was a “fit” for us….. But . . . .This community has been very good to this organization and we have been very good to this community by the uniqueness of our seminar.
So with the cooperation of our great speakers, we will be going forward with the handout which will be distributed on or about May 1, 2020 via email.
I promise you that this handout will be a “keeper” for you to use as a ready reference for your construction defect claims and litigation.
- If you have requested a refund prior to today and you have not gotten it yet, BE PATIENT, it will be processed shortly as we have hundreds of refunds to process. We have never had to do this kind of mass refund before so please bear with us as we work toward getting everyone their FULL refund.
- If you have not requested a refund prior to today, it will be processed in the order it came in. In other words, first in time, means first in line. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WRITE TO US ASKING FOR A REFUND AS WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
- …..and refunds are processed the way it came to us…. Meaning by check or credit card payment.
Regarding Buy A Banner, Support A Charity, Lift A Life
- If you were kind enough to participate in our Buy A Banner, Support A Charity, Lift A Life program, if you still want to contribute that money to the charity you selected, we will put you in the handout and send your check to the charity. If you no longer want to participate , please contact Holly Sepian by email email@example.com and she will send your check back to you. But please advise us as soon as possible.
Regarding our Salvation Army Campaign
- If you were kind enough to participate in our Salvation Army Campaign, if you still want to contribute that money to the charity you selected, we will put you in the handout and send the money to the Salvation Army. If you no longer want to participate , please contact Holly Sepian by email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send your check back to you. But please advise us as soon as possible.
Lastly, regarding voting for the Jerrold Oliver Award of Excellence (the “Ollie”)
We still plan on awarding the “Ollie” on May 14, 2020 and we’ll announce the winner then . . . we’ll figure out a way to formally do that in subsequent email announcements
That voting will conclude on Wednesday April 15, 2020.
Soooooooooooo . . . don’t forget to vote for the Ollie . . . all you have to do is just click here; http://www.westcoastcasualty.com/seminar/ollie-award-voting/
Lastly, by this time you have all heard the term “We’re all in this together” . . . because WE ARE . . . . when we come out of this . . . and WE WILL . . . . we will all still be working for a community we all hold so dear . . . . we’ll continue to support this community we all hold so dear . . . . and . . . . . we plan to be here for a VERY, VERY, long time to come regardless of what hardship this miserable virus has caused on all of us…… We have beaten these things before and the Coronavirus is no different . . . we’ll beat this one also . . . TOGETHER.
On a personal note, I wish all of you well, so be safe, remain positive, stick with your families, stay in contact your friends and relatives . . . and . . . . most of all remain healthy.
May God bless you, protect you and keep you all safe.
With best regards,
A “I can Do Business Here” event . . . plus so much more”
It’s not just a Seminar Anymore, . . . it is the Construction Defect Community’s
“Must Go To” Event
– – –
Since 1993, the West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar has become an institution, a staple and must go to event for all the members of the construction defect community. In no other single place can one learn so much about the prosecution, defense, insurance coverage, science and technology regarding this specialized subject of claims and litigation . . . and . . . in no other place will you be able to meet your colleagues where great long lasting relationships can be established which assist you in your claims and litigation handling throughout the business year. It has been long said about our event that it helps bridge the gap between parties by giving them an opportunity, in a neutral forum, to resolve many disputes that they couldn’t do otherwise.
The West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar series is the largest event of its kind worldwide and continues into its 27th year of bringing the national and international construction defect community its most informative event regarding this specialized subject.
Our attendees, from the legal, insurance, builder, contractor, subcontractor and numerous other communities averaging in number approximately 1400 per year, come from all across the United States and several foreign countries to hear our speakers views on this continuing and emerging area of claims and law.
Generally, 67 different organizations grant West Coast Casualty the ability to provide some level of continuing education accreditation to their licensee/members.
The only reason we have achieved this status is because we concentrate our efforts on the most important people in this community, the attendees of our yearly events. Over the past years, we dedicated a lot of time to listening to those we serve at our seminars and we prepared our events with the ideas, suggestions and goals of our attendees in mind.
. . . we suggest you keep coming back to this website for future updates because 2020 will be an event like one YOU will have never experienced before.